Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Vegetarian Comfort Food

I have reached this point in becoming a vegetarian where I want comfort food but I do not like the traditional forms of comfort food. The deep fried and covered in chocolate make me feel happy when I taste them at first bite, but the further I chew the less I like what I am eating. I have been learning to cook new things with different combinations as I am not really into the substituting this veggie and that veggie in the place of meats or pastas. Yes pastas. I know they are not considered meat, but my body does not feel filled or fulfilled when I eat it. I can feel the food weigh down into my body. It is interesting becoming a spiritual vegetarian. I did not decide to start this journey life handed it to me. I had been transmuting energy and really facing myself working through each of my chakra points for 2 years. I was cleansing what kept me from my goals, facing my fears and really balancing my chakras so I can be the person I want to be. I am not quite there yet, but I am a long way from where I started. When I reached my heart chakra my spirit started to reject meat. It will be a year in July. I have had some meat throughout the year, that which my spirit would allow me to have on occasion. Lately I have made the transition from eating pasta to replace meat to eating more veggies in their own dish. The meal I share with you today feeds my soul, my body, and my mind. I feel complete on every level. Feeling complete I feel balanced and full and content and I have really good energy considering I have slept all of 3 hours last night and it is 6 pm here in South Korea.

I am not quite sure what to call this meal, but it is a veggie stew with cauliflower mashed potatoes and Quinoa.

I started by sauteing cabbage and onions in coconut oil. I added one package of Lipton Onion Soup to it once the cabbage and onions began to get a little see through. I continued to cook them for a little longer to my desired consistency.




Next I took it off the stove and covered it so that the heat could stay inside. I then cut up two potatoes into cubes and added them with baby carrots to spaghetti sauce. I added water to the spaghetti sauce and let the carrots and potatoes boil to my desired softness.





While this was cooking I started to bowl my cauliflower. The recipe for the cauliflower mashed potatoes can be found on food network. I did not use the chicken bullion.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mock-garlic-mashed-potatoes-recipe.html




 After my cauliflower was ready I finished making it into mashed potatoes. It was about this time the potatoes and carrots were cooked so I added flour to the mix to make it more gravy like. And I also started the Quinoa.





When the gravy for the potatoes had a little bit of time to thicken I added the mixture to my cabbage and onions.




Finally the Quinoa was ready and I piled everything in layers starting with the Quinoa on the bottom and the cauliflower mashed potatoes on top of it.




Finally I layered the veggie stew on top of it all and sat down in my quiet house and had a moment of peace with my food!







No comments:

Post a Comment