Sunday, June 1, 2014

Simple Way to Destress Ear Reflexology

When life is stressful we store most of the tension in our upper body, primarily the heart and throat chakra points. We channel it up ward causing muscle tension and stress that creates headaches. Each part of our body is connected to the next and we see that in reflexology. Typically reflexology is most popularly known for the hands and feet, but we also have strong reflexology points in our ears. We do not have to be professional reflexologists in order to use the reflexology in our bodies. There are some natural ways to relieve stress when we need immediate stress release or we are in lack of a reflexologist. One of my favorite destressing tools is using water to heat up my hand and then gently touching my ear with my hand. I place my hand over my ear, then I gently apply pressure to my ear lobes and around the edges of my ear, and then to the back of my ear and the inside of my ear. If I find that my hand is cooling off then I simply reheat it with water to a comfortable temperature for my ear and continue to place my hands on my ears to relieve the stress. You will feel an immediate, unexpected calming sensation the moment you apply the warm hand to your ear. To work deeper into this relaxation use your meditation breathing techniques and let the stress slip away!




No comments:

Post a Comment