Monday, June 9, 2014

Veggie Burger Cauliflower, Quinoa, White Beans

Last night I gave my hand at making my own veggie burgers. I use to buy the ones from the store, but the salt content has been giving me a headache as of late due to how clean my body has gotten over the last few months. My bittersweet love story resulted in me learning to cook my favorites and make them my own. I spent many hours researching different Veggie Burger recipes and realized that there are many ways to make a veggie burger. So I borrowed a little here and there then added my own twist.

We start with the base of cooked Quinoa, Cooked & Mashed Cauliflower, Canned Mashed Butter Beans, and Canned Sweet Corn. After seasoning to my liking I put a small amount into a separate bowl. As I discovered I enjoyed the base and I did not want to just eat it is a burger form. So I have saved the rest and am using it in other meals.

To the small amount I added flour and a brown egg (you can use a substitute). Then I meshed it into a patty and cooked it in coconut oil. In another pan I brought out my left over cabbage, onions, shitake mushroom, and cucumber saute from the other night and added a little bbq sauce to the left overs. I warmed this mix in a separate frying pan from the burgers and then used it to top the burgers. I like a little cheese so I added some shredded cheddar to the burgers before topping them with the bbq veggies. We used cereal (wheat) bread that came fresh from the local bakery in Korea.

The result....a yummy dinner that both satisfied and filled me! I could not finish the whole burger! I have not added portions for a recipe as I am a sight chef. I enjoy cooking by my senses so I could not tell you how much of this or that was put into everything. I hope that the pictures motivate you to find your own amazing combinations!






No comments:

Post a Comment