Sunday, May 25, 2014

Vegetarian Style Quesadillas Simple Recipe

My son is in a transition from being a child to a young adult. I think it is important for everyone to know how to take care of themselves independently and cooking is the greatest skill I can teach him. Like many of us he is at that point where it seems burdensome to have to cook a big meal and he also does not really know what goes together. I let him get in there and find his way around the kitchen but when he starts eating cereal instead of cooking I know its time for me to step in. Today I showed him this simple recipe that can feed him healthy food that he can cook. It is great because he will have the meat portion of this meal in abundance and can eat from it for many meals. My son has started becoming vegetarian because it is a transition I have made and the lack of animal meats in the house has influenced him. I still make animal meat for my family if they want it as this is my journey and not theirs, but they have followed suit. So when I mention meat I am talking about the hearty portions of food that we eat. We hear the word meat used in vegetables and fruits. It is the part of the fruit or vegetable that is under the shell or skin that is edible. I have used pictures for this recipe because that is just how easy it is to create.I have added a little potato salad as the side for this meal. You can make it on the stove or in the microwave. Heat up for between 1-1 1/2 minutes in the microwave just enough to melt the cheese and heat the meat.

Happy Eating!








No comments:

Post a Comment