Friday, July 4, 2014

No Pasta! Vegetable Lasagna!

I have noticed that eating pasta off balances my auto immune system causing swelling and pain in my body. Last night I made a vegetable creation! I started with a layer of marinara and alfredo sauces mixed together. I put the sauce on the bottom of the pan and then added a layer of cooked brown rice. I seasoned the rice to my liking while it was boiling. I then added another layer of sauce on top of it. I place freshly boiled cabbage on top of the layer of rice. I did not season the cabbage as I did not want too much seasoning in my food when I blended them together. Then I added a layer of mashed, freshly cooked broccoli and cauliflower I had seasoned the broccoli and cauliflower to my liking when it was boiling. I added a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning to the top of the layer. Then I added the rest of the sauce to the top and a layer of mozzarella cheese. I baked it at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until the cheese was starting to brown. Let it sit for about 15 minutes to cool then serve! It was a beautiful light dish that gave me all the wonderful tastes of pasta based lasagna without the heavy weighted down feeling that comes with the pasta based dish. If you are looking for a light summer dish this is it! I served it with a side of french green beans!


No comments:

Post a Comment