Friday, July 18, 2014

Meditation Tip for Legs that Fall Asleep!

When we practice meditation for extended periods of time we face our legs, feet & toes falling asleep from the lack of circulation. To help gain longer periods of meditation without this happening, start your meditation with a gentle light touch massage of your legs, feet & toes. This promotes circulation helping extend the time it takes for your lower extremities to fall asleep! I like to factor this into the grounding portion of my meditations! If you are in meditation and your legs have fallen asleep this is a great way to wake them up as well. I am a little stubborn so I will sit with my legs numb until my meditation is over. Then when it is time to ground back into the physical plane I use the gentle massaging technique to reawaken my legs. This is particularly good because it keeps you set in the tone of energy you have established from the meditation, while allowing you to connect deeper into your body!


No comments:

Post a Comment